Thursday, April 08, 2010

5 Years down, Eternity to go!

Well, on March 26th, Peter and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! We have accomplished a lot in the 5 years we have been married. Peter got his bachelor's degree in Business management, we had 3 kids, we moved 6 times, bought a house, and he is on his 3rd job since college!
We were talking on our anniversary and it amazes us that we have been married that long. He seems like it hasn't been that long at all! The day we got married I thought I married my best friend. I had no idea that he would become even more so my best friend than he already was. Peter is a great man that I am blessed to have in my life! He has given me more than I think I deserve, including being one of the best things that I have ever had in my life, the other things on the top of the list are our 3 fabulous little boys! My life would be SOO different without the 4 of them, and I wouldn't change it for anything!

Peter planned our 5th anniversary and we were able to get away without the kids! Thanks to family that was willing to take our boys for the night. We have never had that opportunity before and it was nice. Peter did a great job planning our anniversary and it was a surprise for me totally! We went up to Cache Valley and actually stayed in the bed and breakfast that we stayed in on our wedding night, for our honeymoon (we never got a real one)! It was such a romantic and sweet surprise! It is called the Old Rock Church Providence Inn
We had a king suite, they call it because it had a king size bed, and therefore had the option of breakfast in our room! It was nice!
Peter actually got a package deal and so for dinner we went to a restaurant called The Iron Gate Grill. We would recommend this place to anyone! It doesn't look like much outside, but when you get inside it is totally not what you would imagine!
The actual restaurant was upstairs, and when you walked in there was a big lobby area and a hostess stand. Straight ahead is a very large staircase, carpeted with leopard print, very soft carpet. At the landing was a mirror the size of the whole wall. At the top of the second stairs is the big Iron Gate and the restaurant. The tables were really cool wood (Peter thinks walnut, but we weren't positive), and the benches had lighting under the pad on the back! The only light other than the natural light from the windows were chandeliers! The food was great! They bring out 3 mini loaves of bread, ciabatta, wheat and a seaseme seed topped one (it kind of tasted like an everything bagel) with a whipped blue cheese butter! Oh my gosh it was SOO yummy! We both decided to venture out of our food comfort zone and we got an appetizer. Cedar roasted Brie cheese with roasted garlic and red peppers with a basalmic vinegar reduction. We were wanting to be adventurous and at the same time we were worried it woudn't taste good, we had NOTHING to worry about! It was so good! How you eat it is you take a piece of bread rub the roasted garlic on the bread and put the cheese on the bread! A little bit involved but oh so good!
Ater the appetizer came the entrees! Again SOO YUMMY!!!! Peter got an orange something salmon, that was good, for fish! (I thought it was fishy tasting, Peter didn't so much, but he likes fish and I don't) I got a house favorite called the Huli Huli Chicken! It is served on coconut rice and has a pinapple chutney on top! Let me just say WOW! My plate was cleaned off when we were done! It was SOO good! (I am starting to sound repetative now aren't I???) Even the green and yellow beans were good!

We wanted dessert but we were so full we debated it! I came up with the perfect solution! We took it to go! We got a piece of toffee cake! It was a chocolate cake with butterscotch in it with whipped cream and toffee bits on top! This was Heaven in a box! I could have eaten half a cake! I was sad when it was gone!

When we were done with dinner we stood up to leave and saw this right out the window!
What a great reminder of why we were out together celebrating! The Logan temple was where our married life and our journey to eternity began!
We went back to the hotel and watched a movie and ate our cake and at 11:45 we decided that we wanted to take a walk, so we did! We walked up the street a way and then turned around and came back. It was so quiet and peaceful and beautiful. It was a little chilly but not too cold for me to walk barefoot! (I had only brought heels and they were hurting my little toe, so I took them off! Blame it on my genes!)
The next morning we got up and had our omlets for breakfast and got dressed and checked out of the bed and breakfast and headed over to our last surprise of the trip! Hot Stone Massage for an hour!!! HEAVEN!! I needed a massage! It was SOOO nice!
Our anniversary was great! We made lots of great memories and remenised about past memories made in Cache Valley! 

5 years down, Eternity to go!!!

3 comments:

Phannie said...

I"m glad that you had so much fun. Happy Anniversary Late.

Hot Stone is sooo fun. I love getting it, giving it. Oh man. You are so right. It is Heaven.

Williams Family Dirt said...

Sounds Awesome!! Way to go Peter! We are going on 14 years--man we are so old!

Robyn Becker said...

What a fun anniversary! And I can totally see you doing the bare-foot thing, only because we spent the majority of our childhood barefoot. :) You and Peter are such a great couple and I'm so glad you found each other! It makes me happy to see you happy! Love ya!