Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things that make you go HMMMMM?!?!

So, I know that people say that every pregnancy you have is different and that every person has different pregnancies and so on and so forth. Well, I was totally not expecting to have a pregnancy that was so completely different! When I was pregnant with my boys I experienced nausea almost immediately. I never threw up unless I made myself, and I only did that to make the nausea go away for a little bit. I had food aversion with both of them, with Josh I couldn't eat hamburgers, I had one the whole time I was pregnant with him, and any kind of tomato sauce was out of the question. With Ben it was chicken. Pretty much no matter how it was cooked and who cooked it, it always had a raw taste to it. The other thing was that cooked cheese made me want to hurl and that was just the smell of it. I a pound or two a month for the first few months with both of the boys and around 16 weeks or so, I noticed my pants getting tighter and my shirts too.

With this pregnancy, NOTHING IS THE SAME!!! I wasn't sick, never really at all. (Please don't hate me, I really enjoyed that part, but it wasn't because I was special. :D) I have lost 9 pounds in the last 3 months and again I ask that you don't hate me for that. Growing up I never had very good luck with the weight thing and so I consider this a little bit of kindness from above. That being said, I still fit in my pants, I noticed just today actually that one pair of capris that I have is starting to feel a little snug, but they weren't exactly loose when I got them. I am actually wearing pants (pajama pants, but pants none the the less) that I haven't wore for like 3 years and they aren't super tight on me like they were. I have to actually remind myself that I am pregnant and it is really strange!

It is a nice change, even though I have never considered my pregnancies to be hard ones. I have known people who have pregnancies that are way harder, more complicated and just plain not fun! I feel very blessed for this in my life. With Ben I was SO TIRED, not that I am not now, but it is easier to deal with cause I don't have the sick and pain and blah to deal with too. Poor Josh got a little neglected I think when I was pregnant with Ben. Now I am still tired, but not being sick and such has made keeping up with my 2 very active boys so much easier to do.

Those are my ramblings for today! Hope you guys have a good one!

6 comments:

Tyler said...

Maybe that means it's a girl!!!!!!!! This pregnancy has been totally different for me too, I am thinking it's a boy. When are you due again? I am due Dec 13. Glad this pregnancy is going so well for you!

Jana

Kjirsten said...

Could be a little girl:) This pregnancy has been 100% different than Ella's and it's a boy. I had a lot of people tell me that they thought it was a boy because of that. Although, I guess you never know. Either way, good to hear you are feeling well and we can't wait to find out what it is!

Katie Webb said...

Thats great! I'm glad you aren't getting sick. Maybe that means its a girl? I had nausea for a shorter period of time with morgan. With this boy it was the entire first trimester. Everything has been different in fact.

Robyn Becker said...

Any news on the "boy or girl" front? I'm so CURIOUS - but probably not as anxious as you are to know. :) Love ya! (And see you in a few weeks!)

Williams Family Dirt said...

As of yesterday I have lost a total of 17 pounds (I lost about the same with my boys). My pants are all falling off, and yet I want to wear some of my cute new maternity clothes...totally sucks. People who don't know any better, have told me you look great, you've lost some weight. I tell them I am pregnant and they can't believe it. I am still sick, nauseous all the time, and throwing up here and there. This kid is already on my short list! Eric says it is a testament of the things to come.

So how have you managed to lose weight when you're not sick? You totally suck rocks BTW! ;) J/K

Scot and Jenny said...

I'm glad you are feeling good and that things are going well!