So, they kept me for an hour or so last night at the hospital to monitor things. Within that hour I didn't progress enough to keep me and get the party started! Kind of a bummer, but maybe somewhat of a blessing as well! Peter is in the middle of a class for work and we have about a million things we need to do before she comes, or at least that's how I feel. I don't even have a bag packed or a plan for what to do with the boys when I actually end up in labor for the long haul. On the other hand, "false alarms" can be so disheartening! You get all excited and like it or not the "I'm having a baby" adrenaline starts pumping and then they say, "well, not today!" and all the wind goes out of your sail and you can't help but be disappointed. Luckily for us we didn't tell the boys we were going to the hospital last night, seeing as we were putting them to bed when we decided it might be a good idea to go to the hospital! They are so anxious for their little sister, that Josh asked me yesterday if we could go somewhere and when I asked where he had in mind he said the hospital to get his little sister! At least everything I was thinking I was feeling yesterday was justified when she said I was a 3. Another centimeter or 2 and I probably would have been kept, but oh well, what do you do!?
When I was pregnant with Ben, at about 36 I started having painful and regular contractions so I went to the hospital. I was so miserable with Ben's pregnancy that I was exstatic. Well, we get there do a urine test and monitor me for a few hours. They check me and NOTHING! I had a UTI, which when you are pregnant causes contractions that feel VERY real and intense but do nothing! That was the worst experience ever! SO, at least last night I was progressing nicely, just not quickly enough yet I guess!
So, there's the update and we'll keep you posted as to the happenings of this little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment