Yesterday afternoon, chicken defrosting in a bowl of hot water, me sitting at the kitchen table making a list for the case lot sale and Josh sitting across the table from me cutting an apple with a plastic knife from IKEA. After I finish my list I put my head on the table cause my stomach was kind of upset and I had a pain in my side. Josh and I had a conversation the proceeded like this:
Josh: Mommy what's wrong?
Me: I don't feel very good.
Josh: Because you can't draw anymore?
Me: No, my stomach hurts.
Josh: Why?
Me: I don't really know sweetie!
I get up to go cut up the chicken and as I am walking the conversation continues
Me: I think the baby has his foot in my ribs.
Josh: So get it out!
Me: I can't
Josh: Why, cause their is no hole?
Me: Yeah sure.
Josh: Well let's cut one. I have a knife!
Me: Uh, that's ok sweetie. But thanks for wanting to help!
This whole thing just made me laugh, and I know that he was only trying to help me feel better. I find it hillarious that his first thought was to cut a hole to be able to push the baby's foot out of my ribs! My sweet boy is so thoughtful!
No comments:
Post a Comment