Friday, June 06, 2008

Our Blue Eyed Boy!!

So, I realized that I haven't posted a lot of stuff about our little Benjamin. He is getting to be so interactive! It is so funny to watch him and talk to him. He will finish his bottle in the morning and will just lay there and talk and giggle and then sometimes I will lay him in bed with me and he will just talk and smile at me. It is so CUTE!!! He will talk to anyone that will give him the time of day and even those who don't. He will turn and look at you and just grin and you can't help but smile back. He is trying to roll from his back to his front and spends a lot of time on his side chewing on his hands. I am at a loss as to whether or not to let him be a thumb sucker. I don't really want to have to break him of his thumb and i don't want him to be sick all the time, but I am curious if it would help him open up his hands. Not having health insurance we haven't been able to take Ben to the chiropractor since we moved, so we have had to rely on ourselves to work his hands. With the help of Peter's sister we have been able to get his hands looser, he still doesn't have them open like "normal" hands are but we can get them almost entirely open with almost no protest from him. It has made me really happy to be able to see him progress. He will push them open while he is playing with his hands, and he will kind of lift a finger or two on occasion, but it is never anything long or big. So there is hope, but it is still hard to watch him and not know if he will ever be able to really use his hands fully. Anyway, I am not sure what his measurements are but he is definitely growing. His clothes are fitting him better and better, so there is evidence he is growing. He has also pretty much gotten himself on a sleep and eating schedule and that is nice. He is also starting to look like he will have blue eyes and reddish blonde hair, TOTALLY opposite of Josh.

1 comment:

Williams Family Dirt said...

I can't wait to give him kisses...he will be at my favorite age when we visit!!