So, when Peter had the opportunity to start a woodworking business with his brother(See the Cherry Wood Tech Inc. Link), he couldn't pass it up. When he decided to get his Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, his ultimate goal was to own his own business, and the opportunity presented itself and the timing was right for it, so we decided to pack up our 21 month old and 5 week old boys and move back to Utah after just 9 short (and at times really long) months in Ridgecrest, CA. I never thought that I would find myself missing Ridgecrest, yet here I am sitting in Roy, UT thinking about all the great memories we have in that place in the middle of the Mojave Desert. When we decided to move there we were planning on being there for 3 years and were ready for the adventure of being somewhere totally different and having to start fresh knowing no one. Well, we never had the chance to go down there and see the area and when we pulled into town the first time, we wondered what we were doing there and how we could have brought our family to such a horrible looking place. Well, the first few months were, let's face it HELL; with the 120 degree heat and the lack of an air conditioner and being pregnant and all the big, gross, nasty, invasive ROACHES and no one to really talk to except my mom and sister on the other side of the country, it was REALLY hard! I told Peter time and again that I wanted to leave. Then we got to know Kiahna, Eric, Jacob, and Trevor Williams. They lived just up the street from us and their Trevor is the same age as Josh and the 3 boys played well together. We learned that they had a love of games and movies like we did and formed a strong and lasting friendship that was more like family than just friends. We spent 2-3 nights a week at their house eating, playing games, watching movies or just hanging out talking. The age difference between us made it seem like we wouldn't be as close as we were, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Kiahna would feed us dinner ALL the time and was gracious enough to let us use her washer and dryer once a week so that we didn't have to go to the laundrymat! Through the Williams we got to know other families in our ward too and formed great friendships with them as well. These families are the ones that came to help us move and helped with Josh when Ben was born, and we will forever be greatful to them and keep them in our hearts forever. 
L to R: Kirschmans, Coxs (the goofy ones), Tonks and Williams

Trevor, Jacob, and Josh having a snack

Trevor and Josh being goofy together like always

Trevor and Ben Trevor was absolutely fasinated with Ben, he loved him so much!!!

I had to throw this picture on here, becuase when I was a kid and my family moved (one of the many times) we took a picture of the 4 oldest kids in my family (because the youger 2 weren't even thought of yet) sitting on the ledge in the U-Haul we had rented to move, so I made it a point to take one of Josh on the ledge of our U-Haul!

Josh wasn't happy to be leaving. Contrary to what people think I wasn't super thrilled to be leaving either. I cried almost the whole way to Kramer Junction (about the first half hour of the trip) and that is hard, because it was dark and the road at the beginning was whindy and I had never actually driven it before, I had been the passenger but never the driver!
3 comments:
Who ya callin goofy?!?! Love the pictures, we miss you guys, but don't you just love technology so that we can keep in touch?
We miss you tons, I have been depressed this week...I thought it was because I was asked to speak at Stake Conference. Then I read your post and realized that is was because I miss you guys. I don't have people coming over to see me all the time, like me family always did in Bakersfield! Last week was pretty easy, I didn't even think about it until now...you totally suck, look what you have done to me, I am balling like a baby!! And am bored out of my mind!!
It's so hard to leave people you love but it sounds like you guys have a great plan in Utah and it will be so great to be close to family. Your boys are adorable too!! It looks like you guys have tons of fun!
Post a Comment