Friday, April 18, 2008

First Time!

So, maybe I am a little strange, but I am so excited about this. Probably more because it means I am that much closer to only having to buy diapers for one kid instead of 2, but that's ok! So anyway, I was changing Josh's diaper today and he kept saying "Potty, Potty" so then I realized that I didn't have anymore diapers out in the Living Room with me so I figured what the heck. I put him on the toilet and the other couple of times I have put him on the toilet he is done in a couple of minutes without doing anything, but today everytime I asked him he said he wasn't done. Well, I went in the other room to get the phone and when I came back to him he was peeing in the toilet!! YEAH!!! We are in no way close to being potty trained but it is definitely a step in the right direction! The only sad thing is that I didn't get a picture of him on the potty so I guess I will have to do that another time!

6 comments:

Simon Kirschman said...

That is awesome! Both of my kids were scared to even sit on the toilet let alone do anything in it. But then again that is not a big surprise is it.

Anonymous said...

I am sure that sometime in the future Josh will be very happy that you didn't get that picture!

Generational stitcher said...

Go JOSH!! I had to leave Korde alone too. Every kid is different!

M&EMS said...

What's your secret? Eli isn't interested in it at all, but I'm not gonna push it.

Unknown said...

I love the vamped look, and I am sure that it is a joyous day indeed that little Josh is going toward the potty. And holy crapy, now that you are in UTAH we have to get together some time! It has been forever!!!

Katie Webb said...

Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait for that day :)