Thursday, March 13, 2008

Differences

Everyone always says that each child is different, and that is true, but I have been amazed at the differences that I have noticed in my two little boys! I started noticing differences in them as soon as I could feel Ben moving around inside of me. Josh was a million times more active in the womb than Ben ever was. I could push on my stomach and Josh would respond and we would play that way almost every night. With Ben, I would push on my stomach and he wouldn't do anything at all. Josh was 7 lbs 4 oz and 21.5 inches long with a 32 cm head, so tall and skinny and smart :D, Ben was 8 lbs 15 oz and 20.5 inches long with a 40 cm head, so shorter, chubbier and a way bigger head! Josh only had peach fuzz for most of his first year of life, and Ben is sporting the starts of a mullet at only 3 weeks (this was from birth). Josh lost most of the hair he was born with and Ben hasn't lost any. Josh has dark hair and big dark eyes and a big forehead, Ben has what looks to be strawberry blonde hair that is curly (noticeably when it is wet), with little eyes that are more blue than Josh's ever were, and a forehead that is not the first thing you notice. Ben is a hairy little guy and Josh isn't and wasn't. Josh was one of those babies that wanted to see everything. He was alert and attentive and looking all over from the very beginning. Ben on the other hand is totally and completely content to sleep all day long and only wake up to eat and be changed. Josh was an amazing eater from the start and Ben struggled for about a week before he really caught on to the concept. Josh never showed a preference for either Peter or me and was never one to cuddle or want to sleep in our bed. Ben is already looking to be a momma's boy. He prefers me to Peter, loves to have me hold him to go to sleep and is more than happy to fall asleep when he is just laying on our bed. (I guess he really likes the soft mattress pad that we have on our bed) Josh loved to be swaddled! He would get fussy and want to go to sleep and we would swaddle him and pick him up and he would fall asleep almost instantly! We thought Ben would be the same way, but in the last week everytime we swaddle him he gets more fussy and wiggly, so I guess he isn't a fan of being swaddled! Josh was a puker....everytime he would eat he would puke! It was gross, I never went anywhere with less than 3 burp cloths and 2 outfits. Ben has puked maybe 3 times since he was born. Both of our boys are sloppy eaters though! They both have the Kirschman nose and the round cheeks (not really sure who those came from)! So, I don't know about any of you but I never realized just how true the statement every child is different was until I had 2 kids! They are SOOO different, and yet alike at the same time, it is just the differences that seem to jump out at you the most!

4 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

Wait until you have a girl. Korde and Taylor were like night and day. Complete and total opposites. It's so weird. Even now, they are like that and they are about 5 and 6..sigh...where the time went is beyond me. It's so amazing how they can be so different and at the same time, they love you the same...don't show it the same, but they love you the same. Even with 4, they are ALL SO DIFFERENT...what's #5 going to bring us?????????

Sally said...

Congrats on the baby! So fun and so cute. Isn't being a mom the greatest! It seems like you have a great time with your boys! Good to hear from you.

Williams Family Dirt said...

You better update your blog soon so I can know what is happening in your world of Askpak! But really, I hope you arrived safely and that it is freezing cold...because it is nice and warm here! Do you sense the bitterness??

Missing you guys already, tonight was pretty boring...we couldn't call you and have you come and hang out at the last minute! Yes, I am pathetic...

Anonymous said...

Ande and Pete congrats on another healthy baby boy! I have never left a comment before but I have checked your blog before. I love seeing pictures and getting updates. I think of you and the family often. I am doing well and love teaching in Easton. Please email me so we can stay up to date. Mooree@EastonTeachers.org or ELM1113@hotmail.com. Take care! ~Elizabeth Moore (LVA)