Friday, February 29, 2008

Benjamin David -- 1 Week and 3 Days Old









Well, we have survived the first week and a half. We went to the doctor on Saturday the 23rd and his head and length were the same and he weighed 8 lbs 6.5 oz (2 oz more than when we left the hospital 2 days before). We had him circumsized yesterday and he weighed in at 8 lbs 4 oz. He is getting the hang of nursing so that is nice, and he is spending more and more time awake during the day and is therefore sleeping better at night. His hands are starting to relax more and more each day so that is promising. His right hand is still much tighter than his left, but we won't know if there is a problem until he is older. Josh just loves Ben! He sometimes loves him too much, but that is to be expected when the big brother is 2 years old!! Just an exciting note about me....I went to the doctor today, and found out some good news for me! My last doctor's appt before Ben was born I weighed in at 213, today when they weighed me I was at 194!! That is 19 lbs difference!!! I am so excited, and thought I would share my news!!

3 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

GO ANDE!!! Love the sideways picture!!

M C said...

Oh, he is so cute!!

Unknown said...

Ande, my friend, he is darling! Congratulations! And congratulations on the quick weight loss!