Monday, January 03, 2011

Our Christmas Present!

So we got an unexpected Christmas present this year. We got some troubling news when we were told that the Down Syndrome screening they did came back positive! We had to come to terms with the fact that our sweet baby would be handicapped, it was hard to swallow at first because of all the stressful stuff that we had been dealing with in December. We decided to go to see the perinatologist and have an in-depth ultrasound done to get a more positive idea about whether or not down syndrome was a big possibility. We went in and we saw our little baby moving all over the place. We saw the baby from every angle possible and we found out that we are having a.....GIRL!!! We finally get our girl and the 4 of us can't be more excited! Our little Emmalyn Stephanie is making her way to our family and we can't be happier about it! Oh and she got a good grade on her ultrasound. She more than likely doesn't have down syndrome!

3 comments:

CarrieAnne said...

That is just wonderful! I am glad that you are going to have a girl and that everything looked better than predicted in the first scan! Good luck!!

Callie, Shawn and Braxton said...

YEah, I'm so excited for you on both accounts!!

Robyn Becker said...

Oh Ande! I'm so excited for you! I hope that all continues to look good and go well. Congrats!