Saturday, October 10, 2009

It's Harvest Time!!

So, our garden only did kind of well this year. Granted it was our first garden, so seeing as we are still learning and figuring things out we weren't totally surprised, just a little disappointed! Our tomatoes came on late and took forever to turn red, we actually picked a lot of them green and have just waited for them to turn in the window. Our peppers took forever to come on but didn't do too bad after they did. We also planted onions, carrots and potatoes. Our onions were a terrible flop! We got way more carrots than I expected us to and our potatoes are pretty small, but we figured out that they weren't planted deep enough, so next year we try again! Now I just need to figure out what what to do with all of it. I have already made salsa, so maybe I will attempt spaghetti sauce and freezing the carrots, we will see. I spent about 2 hours digging up all the root veggies, mostly because i had to pull the weeds too at the same time. I am feeling very satisfied, but also very tired and pretty sore too. Josh thought it was great fun to help me to dig them up too.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job honey, dad says he is proud of you too. These llok great. and the carrots look yummy to me. CONGRATULATIONS!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Yummy--fried green tomatoes!!! You have to try them. Super easy to make, just dredge in flour, and fry!

Sarah Kathryn said...

You are simply amazing!