So, here I am sitting at the computer talking to Peter and Josh comes in from outside carrying a cat! That's right, he isn't even 2.5 years old and he is bringing in the animals. He drops it and it runs back outside and lays on the porch. I had to chase it all over the yard before it got the hint to leave. It let Josh walk right up to it and pet it and obviously pick it up. So, what do you think, does he need a pet?
9 comments:
Seeing as its a stray I wouldn't let it hang around unless you want to go get it some shots and de-wormed and all that. Josh could get so many bugs from it. Other than that cats are so low maintenance. Better a cat than I dog in my opinion.
Every kid needs a pet!!
Kids who are not old enough to understand the maintenance and cost of pets do not need a pet. When they get older and you are more settled in your home then it might be a wonderful idea to get a pet. I disagree with Katie, I think that dogs are more fun and not as high maintenance as a cat. As long as you get the right kind of dog and take the time to train it. Both cats and dogs smell and make the home smell and get hair all over. Be picky with what animal you get.
Yeah, I think it is a good idea to wait too. It's nice when the kids are old enough to help take care of the pet along with you. I'm a dog person too. But that's probably because I am allergic to cats :( Well, no that's not true! Dogs are fun because they happily run up to see you everytime you walk through the door, and you (+ kids) can take them for walks on a leash (fun stuff!), you can teach them cool tricks... A dog asks it's self -What can I do for my owner? They want to please you. A cat asks it's self -what can you do for me? they seem to be more self centered.
But what do I know? I'm just babbling here... :) -Mia
My vote is always to have pets :)
~Beth
I am wishy washy about the whole thing, We mostly just fell into every pet we ever had, except the hamsters...DON'T GET A HAMSTER!
PS I love your blog page how cute is that.
Miss you guys! Every kid not only needs a pet...but a DOG!! Do not get a cat, they are selfish, smelly creatures (litter box), and they like to leave dead things near your back door (birds, gophers, mice, etc...) Dogs are more fun, and they actually play with you, unlike a cat who likes to lick their special parts all day, they are very vain, they are constantly grooming themselves!
Can you tell I hate cats? If you do get a dog, I suggest these breeds, because they are small, good with children, and shed minimally or not at all: Yorkies, any Terrier really, Miniature Poodles, and Beagles. I particularly want a poodle again. I still miss my KatieGirl!!
I don't think you necessarily need to wait. This will be a dog that will grow with your children, and besides what better way to teach your boys the concept of work, and taking care of something besides themselves!
NO PETS!!! NONE!! Unless you are prepared to be the only total responsible one don't get pets. NONE!! Can you tell I don't really care for pets??? I've been trying to kill my fish for five years and he still is hanging in there. NO PETS!!!
Pets are so good for kids! Yay for pets. ;) It's true, it will be you caring for it, but it is worth it sometimes.
This is Laurel McClellan, Ande. It's fun to see your beautiful family. I just found your blog, very cute! Mine is locked, but you can email me at laurel_youngberg@yahoo.com if you want to see it and I will send you an invite!
Post a Comment